Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an easy weeknight meal. Serve with rice, crusty bread or cornbread and a salad and you have yourself a full meal!! We often tweak this recipe to use what we have in the fridge too... it is a wonderful base meal recipe and is super versatile! Sometimes we add corn, black beans or even sausage or brats... just what ever you have on hand... Have fun with it!!
- 1 lb hamburger meat, browned and drained
- 1 lb fresh okra, sliced or 1 lb frozen okra
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
- salt & pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large pan.
- Cook over medium heat for about 45 minutes or until thick and okra turns from bright green to dull green -- .