Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These delicious and healthy pancakes are made using brown rice and millet. Wonderful eaten warm with blueberries, strawberries, or sliced bananas on the top and drizzled with pure maple syrup. Leftovers can be eaten cold with a little jelly. Scrumptious!
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown rice, uncooked
- 1 cup millet
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 apple, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice bran powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Blend all ingredients (except baking powder) in blender until thoroughly mixed (batter will be slightly gritty).
- Add baking powder at end and blend until just mixed.
- Bake on a hot grill, skillet, or waffle maker.
My son & DIL were over for breakfast the other day, knowing that these were on my kitchen schedule, & we loved 'em as waffles! Easy enough to make, & I served 'em with a choice of three toppings ~ Pure maple syrup or homemade Dutch honey or homemade applesauce! I thoroughly enjoyed them with the applesauce! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]