Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe I made up one day when I was craving some soup. It's semi-homemade, easy and quick to make.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 3⁄4 ounces tomato soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Put butter, onions and minced garlic in a medium size pot. Cook on medium heat until the onions become clear.
- 2. Add one can tomato soup, one can water and 3 Tbs milk. Heat till warm.
- 3. Add chopped basil and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 4. Cook about 5 minute (can puree or eat as is).
- 5. Season to taste with salt or pepper. Serve hot.
A very nice way to dress up the ol' can of tomato soup! I especially liked the inclusion of garlic, one of my favorite ingredients! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]