Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the world's easiest recipe; you need a blender and a stove. The soup tastes just as good cold in the summer. I typically double this recipe to use the whole can of chicken broth, but make it in two batches in the blender.
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced stewed tomatoes
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 0.5 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Mix ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat thoroughly.
I needed a quick easy soup for my DH. He did not feel well but felt like having some tomato basil soup. I made this recipe using items I had on hand and it was delicious! I added about an ounce of cream cheese to make it creamy but that is the only change I made. Thanks for posting this good recipe, OneEye. I will be making it again!!!