Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Everyone will think that you spent hours making these delicious sticky rolls. Make them for brunch, dinner parties, around the holidays, anytime! They are great served with a cup of coffee in the morning, or just as a breakfast treat. You can certainly substitute chopped pecans for the walnuts, if you prefer. And, you can make your own bread dough if you don't want to use the prepackaged dough (but, why?). Even add a little allspice or nutmeg to the recipe as well as the cinnamon. The honey, nuts, and brown sugar give these rolls a wonderful healthy, wholesome flavor. Enjoy! :) Prep time does not include time for rolls to rise.
- cooking spray (such as Pam)
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Prepare a 9-inch round cake pan with the cooking spray; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out thawed dough to a 12 x 16 inch rectangle. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top. Starting with the narrow end, roll up jelly roll fashion.
- Spread the honey in the bottom of the prepared pan. Sprinkle chopped walnuts and cinnamon over the honey in the pan. Cut the rolled dough into 16 pieces. Place the pieces, cut sides down, in the pan. Brush the rolls with the melted butter. Let rise until triple in size.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Turn out of pan immediately on a serving platter.