Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another simple and easy to make side dish that is healthy and full of nutrients. Will be loved by everyone in your family! Use a wok or stir-fry pan.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 cup almonds, slivered and plain
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In large pan, bring oil to medium heat and saute under tender.
- Add almonds and garlic and stir occasionally until some almonds are browned.
- Add broccoli and heat for about 10 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Add salt and pepper and other seasoning to taste.
- Serve as a side dish or as a main dish with beef or chicken strips added.
Simple and delicious. I did end up adding a little water to the skillet to form steam and used a lid to finish the cooking. The flavor was perfect.