Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nice and thick, super easy and doesn't include pineapple. I love teriyaki chicken and I haven't been able to find a recipe that tastes like my favorite Japenese restaraunt's sauce. I'm not a huge fan of vinegar but it seems to be the secret ingredient-if the sauce is too sweet for your taste just add a little more vinegar and tamari. A little grated ginger gives it a really fresh taste if you have it available. You'll probably want to double the recipe if you like lots of sauce=)
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamari (the best kind of soy sauce!)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated gingerroot (optional)
- In a small saucepan dissolve vinegar and brown sugar and tamari together.
- In a seperate bowl combine cornstarch and water.
- Stirring constantly add in the water mixture.
- Bring to a boil, let boil without stirring for about 2 minutes, or until sauce is as thick as you like.
What a nice teriyaki sauce! It's quick, easy, and delicious. It was wonderful with grilled chicken. Thanks for sharing this nice keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
LOVED THIS RECIPE!!!!!!Easy Quick and Way Better Flavour!!!I ended up adding a little more cornstarch with water to make it really thick,but overall recipe is exact!You nailed it GREAT JOB THIS IS DEFINITELY A STAPLE IN MY HOUSE!!!!
I think it's a crying shame that no one has ever rated this recipe! I wanted a table-side sauce like my local teriyaki shop and this was dead-on perfect. Once I got the hang of making it, I can whip up a batch in 15 minutes (I double all the measurements). Really good sauce. Thank you for the recipe!