Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is super tasty and super easy! The only challenge is finding the golden mushroom soup - although it is not really a challenge - I only had to go one store out of the way to locate. I put a range on the amount of meat needed as this can be altered for family size/need - I have a small family of three so 1 lb of beef works perfect for us however up to 2 lbs of beef can be used without altering the recipe. I got this recipe from my godmother and have altered it slightly. The original called for one Lipton onion soup packet en lieu of the fresh chopped onion and salt/pepper - equally tasty however I do not always have Lipton on hand so I altered to meet needs. Also added the parsley as I think parsley adds flavor, not just looks:) Serve over buttered egg noodles or rice - enjoy!
- 1 -2 lb beef stew meat
- 1 -2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 0.5 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tasty red wine
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, coarsely chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper (I use 1-2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper but this is strictly to your personal taste)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In 3 quart dutch oven, or any heavy bottom stove to oven proof pan with lid, brown beef in EVOO (you may have to do in batches), remove beef from pan leaving approx one T. oil remaining in pan - add more EVOO if needed.
- Add onions scraping brown bits off the bottom - approximately 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute onion, mushrooms, and garlic for additional 2 minutes.
- Add red wine, soup, 1/2 soup can of water, parsley, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Once flavor is satisfactory add beef back into dutch oven, cover, and then put into oven for 2-3 hours or until beef is tender. I find two hours to be plenty but it may require more time to ensure beef is tender to your taste,
- Serve over buttered egg noodles or rice. Enjoy!