Recipe by Witch Doctor
Chocolate ice cream studded with chopped cherries and coated with cookie crumbs, then enrobed in thick chocolate and frozen in this make-ahead recipe. It's just spectacular, and so easy to make! Tartufo is an Italian ice cream dessert that usually is made of gelato. the ice cream is scooped into balls and covered with chocolate.
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup pitted frozen cherries, thawed and chopped
- 15 chocolate sandwich style cookies, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chopped cherries into the ice cream. Scoop ice cream mixture into six balls using an ice cream scoop. Roll in crushed cookies. Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze until firm, about two hours.
- In a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with oil, stirring until smooth. Cool.
- Place coated ice cream balls on a wire rack. Spoon melted chocolate over each ball, coating the top and sides. Freeze again until firm, at least 1 hour. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.