Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
There are lots of tamale pies on here, but I didn't see one as easy as this one. Very, very simple.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (6 ounce) can corn
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook ground beef and onion with garlic powder until meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in tomato sauce, milk, egg, corn, cornmeal, chili powder, and salt.
- Spoon into an 8x8 square baking dish. Bake at 350*F for 40-45 minutes; knife inserted in the middle will come out clean.
- Cut in squares and serve immediately.
I love this recipe-tried 5 or 6 but this one is so tasty,quick,no fuss,and easy,im going on 70 and this fits the bill.i know could have added chilis/pepper flakes/etc.,but this is perfect and stands alone,thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe with me,my whole family loves it.
This was VERY good! I doubled the recipe for my family. I also added too much tomato paste, which gave it good flavor, but colored it red. It was easy to make & my family gobbled it up. I put more chili powder in it, probably 2-3 tbsp. I could've added more also. This is great when your in the mood for something different. Next time I'm going to add a can (or 2 of black olives).
This really seemed to be missing something, and I think it would benefit a lot from some additional seasoning being added. I sprinkled about a cup of Mexican blend cheese on top during the last five minutes of cooking (I have no idea if tamales typically include cheese or not, but it sounded good to me!) and we liked that addition, especially since the pie was pretty bland otherwise. I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll be making it again.