Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy and light! We serve ours with Chile paste to enjoy the sweet/spicy combo. I also like a bit of cilantro on top.
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium tamari
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar, red or white
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup sweet onion, cut in cubes
- 2 cups bell peppers, cubed
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced
- white pepper
- Combine 1st 6 ingredients and stir well.
- Heat oil in large skillet and stir-fry chicken until brown and cooked through, about 5 minute Remove from pan.
- Add peppers, sweet onion, and pineapple (with juice) to skillet and heat through.
- Add reserved sauce mixture to skillet, bring to a bubble and cook til thickened.
- Add chicken back to skillet; heat through. Season with pepper, sprinkle with scallion and serve over rice.