Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 hrs
This is a recipe I got from a cousin after having it at a family gathering this summer. Yes, it really cooks for 16 hours! It was brought to the gathering frozen, then thawed and heated in the micro. Some ate it plain, others made wraps with flour tortillas, sour cream, lettuce, purple onion and cheese, etc. I even made a "gravy sandwich" by just soaking some bread in the juices. Really, really great! I haven't made it myself yet, but next time I need a big meat course for a group I'm going to make this for sure! YUM! Number of servings will vary depending on how served, adults vs kids, etc, but it will make 15-20 wraps easily.
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup mesquite liquid smoke
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 6 -8 lbs beef brisket, trimmed well
- 2 -3 tablespoons garlic pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 200(yes, 200).
- Rub garlic pepper into meat on all sides.
- Place meat in foil-lined roasting pan.
- Pour in chicken broth and liquid smoke.
- Close and seal foil over top of meat like an envelope.
- Cook at 200 for 16 hours.