Recipe by Anna Haines
This healthy grilled cheese sandwich is very quick and tasty. With the combination of mozzerella cheese, onions, carrots, crushed red pepper, and basil you are sure to spazzz up your taste buds!
Top Review by Annacia
Top marks for a great sandwich. I used organic carrots shaved into thin ribbons, red onion and fat free mozza. I pan grilled the sandwich with about 1/2 tsp of margarine on each side. It's really filling and the spice is so nice. Made for PAC, Spring 09.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese (about a handful)
- 2 slices onions
- 3 baby carrots
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (give or take a little)
- 1 pinch basil (give or take a little)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn oven on to about medium high.
- Spray pan with cooking spray.
- Put motzzerella cheese on bread.
- Then add onions (chopped), carrots (chopped into thin slices), basil and crushed red pepper
- Put the other slice of bread on top.
- Cook each side until golden brown.