Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a wonderful recipe you can make ahead of time for company. I have made it numerous times and have always gotten positive comments. It is my son's favorite
- 6 ounces vermicelli, cooked and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley (optional)
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb hamburger, cooked and drained
- 6 ounces grated mozzarella cheese
- This recipe is assembled in layers like lasagne. The first layer is the crust.
- With two butter knives you criss cross and cut up the cooked and drained spaghetti into small strands of about an inch long. Add the butter, minced garlic, parmesan cheese, beaten egg, and basil. Press into a 10" pie plate that has been sprayed with pam.
- The next layer you mix the parsley (optional) with either the sour cream or ricotta and spread over the crust.
- For the third layer you heat the spaghetti sauce and add the cooked and drained hamburger and heat through. Pour over the sour cream layer.
- The last layer is the topping of mozarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. It is best to let it sit for 10 minutes to cool for easier slicing.