Recipe by muffinlady
quick and easy from newspaper. One of most requested recipes I use what ever pieces of chicken I have on hand to make.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
Before getting on with this review, I have to say " First, I'm pleased to be the first one to rate this recipe. :)". Now, on with the review, " This recipe was made on 3/28/12 for the " Peppercorn~Black Pepper Event " in the Food Photo Forum. Instead of using chicken parts, only 4 chicken legs were used and the amount of bread crumbs were adjusted accordingly. But the amount of seasonings were left the same. I didn't read the recipe carefully and left skin on the chicken. Also I felt that 2 Tblsps. of oil wasn't enough to prevent sticking,so I upped it to 1/8 cup. Now my SO thought it was pretty good, and even though I don't care a whole lot for dark meat I found it quite tasty. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Strip skin from chicken pieces.
- Pour buttermilk over chicken in plastic or glass container. turn chicken pieces to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven 425F Smear 9x13 with oil. set aside.
- Drainbuttermilk from chicken, place chicken on rack to drain. Combine bread crumbs with paprika, salt, thyme, and pepper roll chicken in bread crumbs. Arrange in single layer in prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes. Turn chicken. Bake 15 to 20 minutes longer.