Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Very nice to have with soups and salads.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly add milk to form a soft dough.
- Knead on a floured surface 4 times.
- Roll into 10 inch by 5 inch rectangle.
- Cut into 12 sticks.
- Put butter in 13x9 baking dish.
- Roll breadsticks in butter.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 425° for 16 minutes, or until golden.
Tasty and so easy! I didn't put any sesame seeds on them, instead I rolled them in unsalted butter mixed with garlic salt. (kinda defeated the purpose of the unsalted butter, but who cares it tasted good :) I upped the amount of flour by 1/4 cup, as someone else suggested, and the dough was perfect! I made them to go with a copycat recipe on this site for The Olive Garden's Pasta E Fagioli. I will definitely have this recipe on hand every night I make pasta! It was such a cinch!
Very good end result Inez, I followed the recipe exactly but ended up with a very very sticky dough, would never be able to roll it out, couldn't even knead it, had to add about another 1/4 cup of flour. Next time, I will use less milk and probably only 2 tablespoons of butter, there was a lot of butter left in the pan after rolling the sticks. In any case, there will be a next time, they are delicious! (made them for dinner tonight, but of course had to test them while still warm, nummmy!!!!)Thanks for sharing.
These were very easy to make. I didn't have sesame seed so I added garlic salt to the butter, then sprinkled them with parmasan cheese. They turned out great! Thanks for the recipe.