Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very good cheating recipe! Perfect for busy nights when you're craving some comfort food. It's very similar to a "Peter Palmer Pie" my mom used to make while growing up. I got this out of the October 2007 Real Simple magazine. It was very tasty, but I've tweaked the original recipe. The recipe here shows how I make it at home. Prep. time includes browning the beef, cooking time includes baking in the oven. Tastes good as leftovers, too!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat until no pink remains (about 5 mins). I usually add some salt, pepper, and seasoned garlic powder while it browns.
- Stir in the catsup and Worcestershire sauce and add the peas and cook, while stirring, for another minute.
- Spoon the beef mixture into a baking dish.
- Mix the cheese with the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes over the beef and bake until heated through- about 10 minutes.
The whole family gave this 5 stars! Delicious and easy! Thank you Amy for this keeper!