Recipe by Wenona F.
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Comfort food made easy! Ground beef and vegetables in a brown gravy, topped with mashed potatoes and sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1 (24 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy or 1 (12 ounce) jar turkey gravy or 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy, depending on ground meat used
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Spray a two-quart casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- 3. Brown ground meat and put on paper-towel lined dish to drain grease.
- 4. Mix together ground meat, mixed vegetables and gravy in casserole dish.
- 5. Top with mashed potatoes.
- 6. Sprinkle with sharp cheddar cheese.
- 7. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.