Recipe by Kitchen Wytch
My own creation. It's a variation on a regular scalloped potato recipe made when I didn't have any shredded cheese.
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 -10 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 cups milk
- 6 slices american or chedder cheese (can also use 1 cup shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice bacon and fry with chopped onion over medium high heat until onion is tender and bacon done.
- Remove from skillet.
- Melt butter in skillet and stir in flour until bubbly.
- Add milk and stir constantly until thickened.
- Add bacon and onion mixture to skillet and stir. Pour over sliced potatoes in casserole dish and mix well.
- rip up sliced cheese and place over the top of mixture - stir again gently.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for one and a half hours until potatoes are tender. .