Recipe by Oolala
Made with some soy sauce, garlic, ginger and of course applesauce! I found this recipe, hand-written, in my recipe collection. I have no idea where I got the recipe. Hope you like it.
Top Review by CAT50
This was awesome!! I also did not use Ginger as it is strong and does take away the other flavours....The Garlic is the main flavour I think. The chops come out very tender. I had some thick ones and cooked it at 375 F for 30 mins. I also browned the chops with Italian spice and minced onion.
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the applesauce, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; mix well and pour into a greased 13" X 9" X 2" baking dish.
- In a skillet, brown the pork chops in the butter.
- When browned on both sides, place over the applesauce mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.