Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made with some soy sauce, garlic, ginger and of course applesauce! I found this recipe, hand-written, in my recipe collection. I have no idea where I got the recipe. Hope you like it.
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, combine the applesauce, sugar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger; mix well and pour into a greased 13" X 9" X 2" baking dish.
- In a skillet, brown the pork chops in the butter.
- When browned on both sides, place over the applesauce mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
This was awesome!! I also did not use Ginger as it is strong and does take away the other flavours....The Garlic is the main flavour I think. The chops come out very tender. I had some thick ones and cooked it at 375 F for 30 mins. I also browned the chops with Italian spice and minced onion.
I made these last night and they turned out wonderful! I replaced the ginger with cinnamon and sugar with brown sugar and followed the rest of the recipe as written. Served with sweet potatoes, carrots and corn. Satisfied my 'autumn meal' craving. I will definitely be making this recipe again.
i've made this twice now for my fiance and it's become one of our favorite ways to make pork chops. i always add a little more minced garlic and brown sugar vs. white. so good, thank you!