Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Super easy roasted vegetables for summer barbecuing... can be used in lasagna, pasta salads, etc...
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 16 ounces button mushrooms, chopped or 16 ounces portabella mushrooms
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle salad dressing, such as sun dried tomato, Greek, basil, Parmesan
- Mix chopped vegetables and dressing in large bowl; allow to marinate for 2 hours, stirring to distribute dressing frequently. (Note - you can use whichever vegetables you like.).
- Place in Hot Bags, Heavy foil, or Release Foil, in medium sized packets (make 4 packets).
- Grill over medium BBQ or roast in oven at 350 for approximately 30 minutes, until tender-crisp.
- Enjoy as they are, or use in pasta salads, sandwiches, or other recipes calling for grilled veggies.
I felt this was quick and easy. Very nice for the grill. It allows a great deal of flexibility. The only thing is I think it uses too many peppers, but this is probably more a personal perference.
This is very similar to a SBD recipe for roasted veggies. I also add 2 cloves of finely diced garlic cloves and extra virgin olive oil (instead of the bottled salad dressing) and a few shakes of red pepper flakes before roasting. I freeze in them in 4 containers. Then I can add chicken, beef, fish or add them to whatever I'm making that needs roasted veggies. I can add pasta with peanut sauce to make Pad Thai, make veggie soup or a veggie lasagne with pasta, ricotta cheese and bake it. The list goes on and on. Great basic recipe....the possibilities are endless!!!
How can such a delicious and easy-to-prepare recipe sit patiently waiting for over two years to be reviewed? We SO enjoyed these tonight with **Jubes**'s Marinated Lemon Lamb (Cutlets or Chops) and bmcnichol's Vegetable Couscous, and I'm looking forward to eating some of these vegetables with garlicky cream cheese in sour bread sandwiches for tomorrow's take-to-work lunch. YUM! I feel like raiding the fridge right now and eating some! I used a Greek dressing and cooked these in foil in the oven. Couldn't have been easier. Certainly a recipe I'll be making again. Thank you so much for sharing it, Katzen. Made for ZWT 5.