Recipe by Aroostook
An easy make-ahead recipe that is quicker to serve than Kraft. Tasty and without all the salt of the boxed dinner.
Top Review by jswinks
I personally loved this! I need to alter the ingredients a bit to have my kids love it too somehow. They're unfortunately used to the boxed kind but its time to change that! Maybe less parmesan and more cheddar, and I'll try to find more "acceptable" noodle shapes or something. I love how simple this is, and how healthy.
- 1 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese or 1 cup romano cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Divide and place cooked pasta in four 1-quart ziplock bags.
- To each bag add: 1/8 c flour, ¼ c Parmesan/Romano grated cheese, ¼ tsp dry mustard, ½ c shredded cheddar cheese.
- Store in fridge for up to a week.
- To cook each serving: Melt 1 tbls margarine/butter in a small sauce pan.
- Add one bag of macaroni/cheese mixture.
- Stir well.
- Add S& P to taste.
- Slowly add ½ c+ of milk and stir until heated through and sauce is made.
- (Add more milk if you like).