Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy dish that can be very versatile. I make a large batch and freeze. For an easy dinner you can defrost the ratatouille and add italian sausage or shrimp, while reheating, and serve over pasta. Or pour a bit over a mild white fish and bake. If you wish to make it vegetarian style then add some feta or parmsean and serve over pasta. The meals you can do with this basic recipe are endless.
- In a large pot heat oil. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper, eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms. Saute, uncovered, until vegetables are softened. About 10minutes.
- Add oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Add wine and bring to boil.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered over low heat for 30-40minutes.
- Serve topped with parmsean cheese.
Very easy and tasty, I substituted some tomato juice for the red wine, and used a can of diced tomatoes and 2 small zucchinis and some extra mushrooms (because my eggplant was huge).
made a big batch, some for tomorrow and 2 small containers to freeze. Pretty much followed the recipe, except for a sprinkle of sugar,and I left out the red wine, (dont like red wine in food, go figure) It tastes really good, and I reckon it will be better tomorrow after having a chance to meld. thanks, good recipe and a keeper.