Recipe by ~Sarci~
I played around with my favorite muffin recipe for fall, and came up with this. I can't decide if they are a cupcake, or a muffin. Though really hearty, the cream cheese frosting can kill a diet.
Top Review by Elmotoo
These were very good - I brought them to a bake sale at the school. There weren't any left! I thought the batter was a bit too thick - they were 'lumpy' on top - not a smooth muffin top. I did add cream cheese frosting. DELICIOUS! And I like that they were healthier than other frosted goodies. ;) Made in honor of Chef-I-Am.
- 2 1⁄8 cups instant oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 3 cups pumpkin pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- cream cheese frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Beat egg, pumpkin filling, and melted butter together in small bowl until smooth.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups almost full.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Once cool, frost away!