Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I played around with my favorite muffin recipe for fall, and came up with this. I can't decide if they are a cupcake, or a muffin. Though really hearty, the cream cheese frosting can kill a diet.
- Combine first 7 dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Beat egg, pumpkin filling, and melted butter together in small bowl until smooth.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups almost full.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Once cool, frost away!
These were very good - I brought them to a bake sale at the school. There weren't any left! I thought the batter was a bit too thick - they were 'lumpy' on top - not a smooth muffin top. I did add cream cheese frosting. DELICIOUS! And I like that they were healthier than other frosted goodies. ;) Made in honor of Chef-I-Am.