Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from the old AOL food boards and it's a winner! I usually double the recipe and freeze what I don't use so that my sauce is ready for the next time we have pizza. I teaspoon of Italian seasoning may be substituted for the pepper, basil, oregano, and thyme. This recipe makes enough for 2 large pizzas.
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. When the sauce begins to bubble, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often. Remove sauce from heat and let it cool.
- Store in refrigerator or use immediately. Can be frozen.