Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Right before the finale of our favorite reality show (AI) I decided that mom, dad, and I should indulge in something sweet and decadent. Scanning the choice of ingredients at the house (and knowing I only had 15 minutes until the show started) I got to work and this is what I came up with. Yummy!
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place 4 pineapple rings on a baking sheet.
- Cover each slice with 1 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- Broil until sugar is bubbly and carmelized (about 5 minutes).
- Top each slice with a scoop of sorbet.
- You could use any fruit/sorbet combo that sounds good to you.
- For example: apples w/ vanilla ice cream, orange slices w/ passion fruit sorbet, pears w/ raspberry sorbet.
Yummy Princesskim! I used Pineapple Sorbet and DH and I loved it. Fortunately for us, the kids didn't want to try it! So there is more for us another day. Thanks!
Is this easy? Yup. Is this versatile? Definitely. And is this a great dessert? It sure is! What I loved about this was its simplicity; in minutes, you could make this for one or you could make this for the whole family. All you do is take a pineapple slice, top it with some brown sugar, broil it (line the broiler pan with foil so there's no clean-up), transfer to serving plates and add a scoop of whatever frozen treat you like. I think I'll try this next time with fresh pineapple slices, but it certainly is convenient -- and tasty -- using the canned. Unfortunately, pina colada sorbet (which sounds delicious) was nowhere to be found at the supermarket, so I made do with a substitution. Thanks for posting this keeper!