Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is always a favorite and it is extremely easy, almost TOO easy! Perfect for summer or birthdays.
- Allow the ice cream to melt in a large bowl till it is just a thick, soupy mixture.
- Crush the entire package of Oreos in a food processor.
- Mix the melted ice cream and the cool whip together.
- Take a 9 by 13 pan and layer the Oreos and the ice cream mixture.
- Start with the ice cream and then add Oreos then the ice cream and so on.
- Put it in the freezer over night or at least 8 hours covered in plastic wrap and then serve with dribbled chocolate sauce on top.
Our favorite is PEPPERMINT ice cream, and we just break up the cookies by hand (not double fill because you want lots of crunchy cookies).
Thanks for the recipe. I made this cake with a few modifications and it was devoured! There was even another ice cream cake at the party and it was barely touched. Notes: 1 - Line the pan with wax paper and invert the cake before serving 2 - Mix the cookie crumbs with just enough melted sweet cream butter so they hold their form. 3 - Make your own whipped cream. Cheaper. Very easy. No corn syrup. More delicious. 4 - IMPORTANT - Be careful when pouring liquid layers on top of others. It can shift the lower layers so go slowly and spread thin and even if you're not going to let the lower layers set-up first. 5 - Cost: from $8-12 for a cake to feed 20-30. A bargain!
This was awesome! Made it for my MIL for her birthday and changed to her favorite ice cream flavor, butter pecan ice cream and broken up caramel shortbread cookies. Topped it with pecan pieces and drizzled butterscotch caramel sauce. Everyone raved about it. Will definately be using this again and again!!