Chef mariajane's Note:
a great quick fried rice recipe, another with the taste of shrimp - yummm
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 3/4 lb frozen cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1Prepare rice according to package directions. Reserve. Run cool running water over the shrimp until thawed; drain well.
- 2Heat oil in a nonstick wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the sugar snap peas and red pepper. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 3Stir in the soy sauce, orange concentrate, honey, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- 4Stir the cooked rice, shrimp, orange segments and green onion into the sauce. Cook, tossing, until rice and shrimp are heated through and coated with sauce.
- 5NOTE: Use up leftovers by stirring 1 1/2 cups sliced, cooked chicken, steak or pork into the stir-fry pan instead of the cooked shrimp.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Orange Shrimp Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 179.6 mg
- Sodium 1347.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 25.8 g