Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
a great quick fried rice recipe, another with the taste of shrimp - yummm
- 2 cups Minute Rice, uncooked
- 3⁄4 lb frozen cooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Reserve. Run cool running water over the shrimp until thawed; drain well.
- Heat oil in a nonstick wok or large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the sugar snap peas and red pepper. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in the soy sauce, orange concentrate, honey, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Stir the cooked rice, shrimp, orange segments and green onion into the sauce. Cook, tossing, until rice and shrimp are heated through and coated with sauce.
- NOTE: Use up leftovers by stirring 1 1/2 cups sliced, cooked chicken, steak or pork into the stir-fry pan instead of the cooked shrimp.