Recipe by Red Chef Mama
My family really enjoys this orange chicken. It has nice flavor and comes out tender.
Top Review by missthor
I tried this recipe hoping it would be an easier version of the popular Asian-American dish. I knew slacking off by using less ingredients would make for a less desirable dish but on a college budget I figured this would do. Turns out this recipe is nothing like the orange dishing I was hoping to resemble. My boyfriend described it as "chicken with orange juice on it." Although this was easy the overall dish was dry and not very appealing and it's nothing like the orange chicken I was looking for.
- 3 lbs chicken parts, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate, frozen
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- cooked rice, kept hot
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (farenheit).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over the chicken.
- Place the cut up chicken in a foil lined baking dish, skin side up.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine the orange juice, butter and ginger, heat through.
- Spoon the orange sauce over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes longer or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve the chicken and sauce with the rice.