Recipe by Cookie Kake
Quick and easy recipe. This was a favorite of mine growing up. A true kid pleaser. Not spicy at all, so not for true italian food cravers.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in a frying pan, drain grease.
- While beef is browning, slice italian bread into thick slices (about 3/4 inch thick). Each slice will be one sandwich.
- Once beef is browned add 8-10oz can of PLAIN tomato sauce to frying pan. Simmer. Can add salt and pepper to taste.
- While beef and sauce is simmering, toast slices of bread in oven for approx 3-5 minutes.
- Remove toasted bread from oven and spread with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of beef mixture. Top with 1-11/2 slices american cheese.
- Place back in oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy with your favorite salad!