Recipe by froglet
my mom's favourite recipe for family barbecues, I am ALWAYS asked for the recipe! You can make it as low or high-fat as you like and leave it plain or use toppings, eg: use strawberry yoghurt, then top with strawberries and cream, or apricot yoghurt with apricots, chocolate with chocolate, etc.
- 1 (128 g) packet lemon jelly (usually to make up to 570ml or 1 pint jelly)
- 1 (405 g) can condensed milk
- 500 g yogurt, your chosen flavour
- 10 digestive biscuits or 10 graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the biscuits- I put them in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Add the melted butter, mix well and press hard into the bottom of your pie dish.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Make up the jelly packet with only HALF the liquid (to make about 285ml jelly).
- Add the condensed milk FIRST and stir.
- Add the yoghurt and stir.
- Pour onto the chilled biscuit base and refrigerate immediately for 1 hour.
- Decorate if desired.
- You can double the mix by using gelatine, mixed with half the recommended water, a 300g carton of cream cheese and another 500g yoghurt.