Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Grilled New Orleans Shrimp for a crowd. We use Dave's Sweet & Spicy Sauce. Traditional New Orleans Shrimp are not peeled, but for our guests we elected to go with peeled shrimp and a soaking sauce.
- 16 lbs large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 lbs butter
- 76 ounces sweets & spicy barbecue sauce
- bamboo skewer
- Thaw and rinse shrimp.
- Place 5 shrimp on each skewer. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Decant one bottle of sauce into a large aluminum tray with high sides. Add 1/2 pound of butter and heat gently, stirring to combine. Repeat with remaining 3 bottles of sauce and butter. Keep warm.
- Over medium high heat grill skewered shrimp just until cooked through. Remove from heat and place in gently heated sauce. Keep over heat adding more skewers as they finish cooking. Serve warm with napkins.