Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light. Per 2/3 cup serving: 229 calories, 1.9 g fat, 9.6 g protein, 43 g carb, 2.6 g fiber, 0 mg cholesterol.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups hot cooked orzo pasta
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over med-high heat.
- Add in garlic; stir/saute for 1 minute.
- Add in wine and the next 8 ingredients; cook 10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Combine the mushroom mixture and the orzo mixture in a bowl; toss well to combine.
This was very tasty and paired quite well with Tweeky's Tomatoe-Crowned cod #35027. The only comment that I would have is that once I tossed the orzo with the mushrooms, I felt it a bit dry, so I added a bit of homemade chicken stock to give it a bit of body. Those of you not watching your fat content might try a bit of butter at the end- I'm sure it would be lovely. Thank you Nurse Di for sharing this tasty and healthy recipe.