Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for lunch and like I said...easy. If you want the dish to be mild, sub the original Rotel for the can with the green chilies.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (not drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn (drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (original, not drained)
- 5 ounces saffron rice mix (packaged like Mahatma)
- shredded cheddar cheese, to taste
- sour cream, taste
- tortilla (optional)
- Cook rice per package instructions.
- In the meatime, cook beans, corn and Rotel over medium heat until hot, about 5 minutes or until desired consistency. Don't make it too thick.
- Scoop rice into bowls, pour hot mixture on top.
- Finish by topping with cheese, sour cream with tortillas heated on the side. Can use as burrito stuffing for leftovers.
Quick, easy, tasty, healthy. Just the way I like it. Enjoyed this for lunch. Thanks.