Recipe by BecR
Here's my favorite easy method for perfect poached eggs. Try to use the freshest eggs you can find. Wonderful over toast or serve French style atop a salad, with my Easy Hollandaise Sauce Easy Hollandaise Sauce, or in my California Eggs Benedict California Avocado Eggs Benedict With Chipotle Hollandaise. I hope you enjoy!
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large wide saucepan two-thirds-filled with water to a boil, then add 2 teaspoons white vinegar.
- Bring the water to a boil again, then lower the heat to a bare simmer.
- Working one egg at a time crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into the barely simmering water. Once it begins to solidify, you can slip in another egg, until you have all four cooking.
- Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let sit for 4 minutes. (Remember which egg went in first, you'll want to take it out first.) When it comes time to remove the eggs, gently lift out with a slotted spoon.
- Note that the timing is a little variable on the eggs, depending on the size of your pan, how much water, how many eggs, and how runny you like them. You might have to experiment a little with your set-up to figure out what you need to do to get the eggs exactly the way you like them.