Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This simple, tasty Indian dish is good over rice.
Make and share this Easy Masoor Daal (Red Lentils) recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse lentils thoroughly and place in a medium saucepan along with ginger, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Cover with about 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.
- Skim off any foam that forms on top of the lentils.
- Add diced tomatoes.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are tender and soupy.
- Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, combine oil, onion and cumin seeds.
- Fry on high/medium heat to brown, but do not burn onions.
- Stir into lentil mixture.