Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of the ways I like to cook up zucchini. People often think that zucchini and yellow squash are one in the same, just a different color, but I think zucchinis are chewier and tarter while yellow squash has a sweeter taste. But they both taste great together and also make for a pleasing dish to look at because of the way the colors pop out. Please note that measurements here are approximate except the olive oil; I just shook the spices on until they were coated.
- Wash the zucchini and yellow squash, cut each in half. Slice the halves into rounds.
- Put them into a mixing bowl and pour in the olive oil, tossing well to coat.
- Sprinkle on the sea salt and thyme and toss well to coat again, making sure it's on evenly.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5-10 minutes to let the oil and flavors soak inches.
- Pour the zucchini and squash pieces into a large frying pan and sautee on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, making sure to cook on both sides evenly. Cook until slightly browned, let cool for a few minutes, then serve and enjoy.