Recipe by Parvulus
This makes a meal replacement bar at a fraction of the cost of packaged protein bars, and none of their glycerin, preservatives, or sugar, these low-fat bars are rich in fiber and taste great.
- 3 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered nonfat milk
- 4 scoops chocolate or 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 325F and spray a baking sheet or 9x12 baking dish with non-stick spray. The 9x12 baking dish will yeild thicker bars.
- Mix oats, powdered milk, and protein powder in bowl and blend well.
- In separate bowl, combine eggwhites, apple juice, applesauce, and the sugar-free syrup and blend well.
- Stir liquid mixture into dry ingredients until blended. The consistency will be thick and similar to cookie dough.
- Spread batter onto pan and bake until edges are crisp and browned.
- Cut into 10 bars and store in airtight container or freeze.