Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Dense , very very banana-y . Quick and low fat too!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1⁄3 cup unblanched sliced almonds
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted margarine
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- Pre-heat to 350°F.
- Grease 12 muffin cups
- Stir all dry ingredients together
- Mash banana until there are no lumps.
- Combine banana and milk together and mix into dry ingredients. Add margarine and egg whites. Stir together until just combine (don't over mix, Will result in tough unpleasant muffins).
- Fill muffin tins 1/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until inserted tooth pick comes out clean. :).
This was exactly what I was looking for, a banana wheat muffin with oats! I melted the margarine before adding to the other ingredients. A mixer made quick work of the banana mashing. No brown sugar-blend at hand so I used regular dark brown sugar. Excellent muffins.