Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Use a store-bought frozen pie crust from a 15-ounce package for this.
- 1 (9 inch) prepared pie crusts (thawed according to package directions)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 -4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the prepared pie crust in a 9-inch tart pan.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on high speed beat the eggs with sugar until pale yellow and thick (about 5 minutes).
- Add in buttermilk, cornmeal, melted butter, lemon zest and lemon juice; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, or until set.
- Cool before serving.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.