Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 mins
Fast and easy dinner. I make this in a smaller stone pie like dish.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagetaco bell taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 flour tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Stir seasoning mix and water into the ground beef.
- Remove half of the meat mixture; set aside. In a small baking dish place the other half of the meat mixture on bottom then place eight tortilla quarters on top of meat mixture. Top with reserved meat mixture and remaining eight tortilla quarters. Top with salsa and cheese.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes. Top with lettuce, green onions and sour cream just before serving.
This is a good recipe but I like a little crunch so I added some tortillia chips to the top also after I baked it.
Made half the recipe and served it beside Chicken Enchilada #444037 for a great mexican fiesta style supper. Baked side by side for easy convenience. Thanks for sharing kimschmee. Made for Pick A Chef Spring 2011.