Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
No eggs in this one! Love it! I grew up in South Miami and ate this often! Adapted from Florida Keys Treasures!
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup key lime juice (about 12 key limes)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 graham cracker pie crust, pre-baked
- Blend condensed milk and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add lime juice and mix thoroughly. Fold in thawed cool whip.
- Pour into two pie shells. Garnish with grated lime rind.
- Refrigerate 6 hours.
This pie has a clean and fresh taste. It adds lightness to the otherwise dense filling. Searching for an authentic Key Lime Pie recipe, I happened upon this one. My family is happy I did even though I will continue my search for the denser, authentic version. Thank you for posting this great alternate. A side note; it is so easy to make I whipped it up while vacationing in our RV. Thank you again.
I just adored this pie; I especially loved the fact that it makes 2! That means there's more to share :) ! I did add 2 drops of green food coloring, as a personal preference. this whips up quickly and easily. I used Nellie and Joe's key lime juice, as that is my fave. I'll certainly be making this again! Thanks for sharing, Sharon!
Light, refreshing dessert for our desert summers. Thanks for posting.