Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Top Review by mary winecoff
I love cookies that start with a mix and end up tasting wonderful. These were so easy to put together and I used a jam that I had made that no one seemed to love. Well they loved it in these cookies. I served these with a fork as they are a soft cookie. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 12 ounces preserves or 12 ounces jam
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Greased a 13 x9x3 pan.
- Melt the butter.
- In large bowl,combine oats and cake mix.
- Stir in the butter until crumbly.
- Pour half of mixture (about 3 cups) into pan.
- Firmly,press into pan covering bottom.
- Combine jam and water;spoon over mixture in pan,spreading evenly.
- Cover with remaining crumb mixture,press firmly to even.
- Bake 20 minutes-top should be very light brown.
- Let cool well before cutting into bars.
- And enjoy!