Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is actually my own recipe of a family favorite, it's easy to make and oh so good! use crusty buns for this to hold the sauce! You can double this recipe if desired, all ingredients can be adjusted to taste. I use Kittencal's Crispy Coating Mix for Moist Oven Baked Chicken for the chicken coating but original-flavor Shake and Bake will work fine, Use the butter/garlic mixture from Kittencal's Parmesan Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast for the buns (or use your own mixture). To save some time prepare the butter mixture ahead of time... SOOOO good!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (3 ounce) packageoriginal Shake-n-Bake
- 1 cup marinara sauce (or to taste) or 1 cup pasta sauce (or to taste)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 crusty buns (toasted and split, use Kittencal's Parmesan Garlic Bread or Garlic Toast for the garlic butter mixture)
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the chicken in the coating mixture.
- Place on a small baking sheet or an 11 x 7-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile coat both sides of the inside of bun with the garlic butter mixture, place buns open-faced on a baking sheet.
- After 20 minutes of baking remove from oven and top each breast with sauce, then a slice of mozza cheese, return to oven and bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from oven and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place the buns in the oven and bake until crusty and slighty browned (about 8-10 minutes).
- Place each breast on a bun and serve.
i used both suggested recipes for the shake and bake sub and garlic spread. I left the sauce off and put it on the side because well be having chicken parm in a few days, but even without the tomato sauce this was very yummy, an di plan on useing this recipe and its parts many times over thanks kitten! and get well soon