Prep1 hr 5 mins
Maybe not exactly traditional, but very easy and wonderful when toasted and spread with butter. This bread is baked in a loaf pan, and produces a very simple, dense bread loaded with raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine buttermilk, melted butter, egg, and raisins.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Add buttermilk mixture to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Leave in pan for 1 minute.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
This was great!! I followed the recipe exactly, but I had to cook it a little longer as the inside was not done. So, I covered it in foil to prevent the top from burning, but otherwise it was excellent as written!!
Couldn't ask for anything easier or yummier!! I will definitely be making this one again! I think we all liked it even better than cornbread. I did use 2 cups whole wheat flour and one white. Delicious served with Irish stew!!
I made this bread with and without raisin's for St. Patty's Day and my guest and family LOVED it! This recipe is a keeper :)