Recipe by TasteTester
A few years ago, I had a wedge salad in a restaurant and really enjoyed it. I found this variation on the internet; it's easy to make and tastes great.
Top Review by lazyme
Yum! acerast sure had a winning recommendation here! I made this as directed except that I used a Peppercorn Ranch dressing - I love my pepper, lol. So simple and so good. Thanks Taste Tester and acerast for the recommendation. Made for Best of 2010 Tag game.
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 8 ounces ranch dressing
- 1 -2 garlic clove, to taste, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- shredded basil (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Combine dressing, garlic and basil in small bowl; stir well.
- Top each lettuce wedge with dressing and sprinkle with bacon and blue cheese. Garnish with shredded basil, if desired.