Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A few years ago, I had a wedge salad in a restaurant and really enjoyed it. I found this variation on the internet; it's easy to make and tastes great.
- 4 -6 slices bacon
- 8 ounces ranch dressing
- 1 -2 garlic clove, to taste, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, cut into 4 wedges
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- shredded basil (to garnish) (optional)
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Combine dressing, garlic and basil in small bowl; stir well.
- Top each lettuce wedge with dressing and sprinkle with bacon and blue cheese. Garnish with shredded basil, if desired.
Yum! acerast sure had a winning recommendation here! I made this as directed except that I used a Peppercorn Ranch dressing - I love my pepper, lol. So simple and so good. Thanks Taste Tester and acerast for the recommendation. Made for Best of 2010 Tag game.
This is so very good! We loved the bold flavors and creamy texture of the dressing with the crunchy iceberg. We keep cooked, crumbled bacon in the freezer so this will be easy to make any time. In winter I may use some pesto or dried basil rather than fresh to add the taste but cut the cost. Thanks for a keeper TasteTester.