Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is something I came up with after reading several other ice cream cake recipes. The key is to chill between steps, and be sure it's completely frozen before serving. It's easy and delicious!
- 1 (18 ounce) package Oreo cookies (or generic brand!)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or 3 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1⁄2 gallon ice cream (any flavor)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar chocolate ice cream topping (NOT syrup!)
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Crush oreos in a food processor. I used about 3/4 of the package.
- Mix oreo crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until crumbs hold together.
- Press into a 13x9 pan. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
- Unwrap ice cream. Use a large knife to cut the ice cream into rectangular slices. Place slices on top of cookie crumb crust and press into place to eliminate seams.
- Chill in freezer until firm.
- Warm ice cream topping just until it's spreadable--you don't want to melt the ice cream too much. Spread on top of the ice cream. Chill in freezer.
- Lastly, top with whipped cream when ready to serve, or freeze in the freezer. Either way is great!