Andi K's Note:
This is something I came up with after reading several other ice cream cake recipes. The key is to chill between steps, and be sure it's completely frozen before serving. It's easy and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush oreos in a food processor. I used about 3/4 of the package.
- 2Mix oreo crumbs and melted butter in a bowl until crumbs hold together.
- 3Press into a 13x9 pan. Chill in refrigerator until firm.
- 4Unwrap ice cream. Use a large knife to cut the ice cream into rectangular slices. Place slices on top of cookie crumb crust and press into place to eliminate seams.
- 5Chill in freezer until firm.
- 6Warm ice cream topping just until it's spreadable--you don't want to melt the ice cream too much. Spread on top of the ice cream. Chill in freezer.
- 7Lastly, top with whipped cream when ready to serve, or freeze in the freezer. Either way is great!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 242.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate ice cream topping