Recipe by Julescooks423
from "Baked: New Frontiers in Baking" by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito
Top Review by Greeny4444
Really good and really easy, with ingredients that I always have. I omitted the raisins, cranberries, and hazelnuts (personal preference - but my husband likes raisins in his granola, so he can put 'em in if he wants, later), and I substituted blanched, silvered almonds for the whole almonds and chopped pecans for the walnuts. This was so easy to get together, and it's nice to be able to make a granola to be able to customize without having to buy it. The storebought seems SO expensive. A couple things I do when I make this: I spray the measuring cup that I measure the honey in with cooking spray before I measure - so it slides right out. Also, when you go to mix the honey mixture with the oat mixture, lightly spray your hands with a little cooking spray, or wet them a little, so the granola doesnt stick all over your hands as bad! I have this cookbook too, and this is just another winning recipe from it! Thanks for posting it.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup whole almond
- 1⁄3 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the oats with the cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oil, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk until completely combined.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oats mixture and use your hands to combine them: Gather up some of the mixture in each hand and make a fist. Repeat until all of the oats are coated with the honey mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Spread it out evenly, but leave a few clumps here and there for texture.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to lift and flip the granola. Sprinkle the almonds over the granola and return the baking sheet to the oven.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from the oven and use a metal spatula to lift and flip the granola. Sprinkle the hazelnuts over the granola and return the baking sheet to the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven. Let cool completely. Sprinkle the raisins and cherries over the granola and use your hands to transfer it to an airtight container.