Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
I don't remember where I got this recipe. I love Cajun and I love chicken, so this recipe really piqued my interest. This super flavorful chicken recipe requires very little prep work. You can even add the spices to the chicken in the morning and let the chicken marinate in the fridge all day. then just come home, fire up the grill and -- voila! -- dinner is served. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml garlic powder (I use more because I like a lot of garlic)
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 118.29 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dry spices in a small bowl. In a shallow glass dish (large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer), or a gallon size zip lock bag, place the lemon juice and oil. add half of the spice mix; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts, turning to coat both sides. Marinate for 30 to 60 minutes at room temperature or at least 2 hours to overnight in the refrigerator, covered.
- Drain the chicken and sprinkle both sides with the remaining seasoning mix. Place the breasts on a hot grill with the thin ends away from the flames. Cook, turning once, until just cooked through, 3 to 8 minutes per side, depending on the heat intensity and the thickness of the meat.