Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy granola bar recipe. They are much cheaper than buying them and there are better for you
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup goji berries or 1⁄2 cup other dried fruit
- combine water,sugar, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine all other ingredents.
- Pour sugar mixture over oat mixture and press into a 9x13 baking dish.
- bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- cut into bars.
These are incredibly easy and incredibly good! Used brown sugar, pistachios, and only chocolate chips (instead of cinnamon & chocolate). The only hiccup is that they don't hold together - I may try adding a little more liquid or an egg next time.